Maui Jim sunglasses are one of the best selling sunglasses in the world today and are now available at Personal Eyes Optometry in the Sydney CBD. This is a remarkable achievement for privately owned independent company that was formed on the island of Maui in Hawaii in 1980. Maui Jim has always strived to produce sunglasses of the very highest quality.
The tropical island Maui is one of the lushest and most vibrant places on the planet earth. However, the intense sunlight that bathes this island also creates conditions can mask the true beauty of this paradise. It was this environment the led Maui Jim to develop a sunglass lens that both protected the eye from harmful UV and glare and yet highlighted Maui’s spectacular beauty.
The result is a lens that Maui Jim has developed for its sunglasses that do more than just shield your eyes from harmful UV light and glare, but also enhances your vision revealing the world’s true vivid colours in detail. Nothing looks better in bright sunlight than when you’re wearing a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and for those of us in Sydney, even amongst the buildings of the CBD, this is as true as it is for Hawaii.
Maui Jim Big Wave Translucent Matte Grey with Blue Hawaii lenses
Maui Jim’s specially developed polarised sunglass lenses are available in four different colours, and in their prescription sunglasses, They all follow Maui Jim’s ethos of providing the very best contrast for remarkable vision whether you are in Sydney CBD or relaxing on a tropical Island.
There are four different colours in the Maui Jim sunglasses in their evolution range of lenses.
- Natural Grey: This offers the highest available light reduction for the richest colours and sharpest contrast. It is the best choice for bright direct sunlight and its neutral grey colour gives natural colour rendering.
- HCL Bronze: This is a high contrast lens and provides a beautiful warm tint, excellent for varied, everyday conditions. It is best for everyday use.
- Maui Rose: Provides a subtle rose tint with the highest available contrast that is perfect for fast moving sports. Best for fast action activities
- Maui HT: When most lenses would be too dark this “high transmission” lens offers extra contrast and colour. These are best for low light conditions and golf.
Maui Jim Ho’okipa Smoke Grey/Blue Hawaii Lenses
Maui Jim manufactures their sunglass lenses in four different optical quality materials.
- Maui Evolution: Features the light weight, scratch and shatter resistance of polycarbonate while offering a much higher optical clarity.
- Maui Pure: Is the most popular lens material it combines optics almost as good as SuperThin Glass with very light weight and excellent scratch and impact resistance.
- Maui Brilliant: This is the most advanced lens material which features optical qualities almost as good as clear crown glass but with just one third of the weight and superior impact resistance.
- SuperThin Glass Provides the high quality optical properties and yet is 32% thinner and lighter than standard glass. It offers the best scratch resistance of any of the Maui Jim sunglass lenses.
Maui Jim sunglasses are arguably the world’s finest quality sunglasses and are now available at Personal Eyes Optometrist in the Sydney CBD. Their lenses are manufactured in their own laboratory in the USA utilizing the latest technical advances in computer generated lens parameters. Amongst the unique properties of the Maui Jim sunglasses are:
- Hyper-Precise Polarization: PolarizedPlus2* provides the highest level of proficiency in the blocking of horizontal glare, which reflects from any flat smooth or shiny surface and is particularly noticeable off the water.
- Bi-Gradient Mirror: This original Maui Jim feature is a Bi-Gradient mirror is that applied to the top and bottom of the lens. The mirroring is designed to reduce the brightest light from above and below, which allows your eyes relief from the brightest source of light.
- Fashion Lens Mirrors: These are fashionable and highly functional mirror lens colours in Blue and Pink offering the best of both worlds. The Blue Hawaii blue lens is a contemporary colour now available on Maui Jim sunglasses. Neutral Grey utilises a silver mirror colour lens, and the Maui Sunrise pink mirror is optioned on the Maui Rose lens.
- MauiGradient: Was developed as a stylish alternative to the Bi-Gradient mirror. It has a darker application at the top that gradually get lighter as you move down the lens so that the appropriate amount of light is filtered through certain areas.
- Anti-Reflective Treatment: The back surface of Maui Jim sunglasses are treated with an anti reflection coating to remove the annoyance of light being reflected from behind the lens back into the eye giving more you the comfortable, glare free vision we associate with Maui Jim sunglasses.
Maui Jim Dragonfly Crystal/Maui Rose lenses
Both the prescription and non prescription Maui Jim sunglasses are truly unique products. Non prescription Maui Jim sunglasses offer the ultimate in choice in frame and lens design, colour and coatings.
A recent, popular addition to this range is the Maui Jim sunglasses readers. Essentially these are Maui Jim sunglasses with a back surface “invisible” Bifocal section to allow the over 45 year olds to read small print with regular non prescription Maui Jim Sunglasses at an affordable price. When first introduced they were only available on a limited number of Maui Jim sunglasses. Now, however it possible to get the reading lens option on a huge variety of Maui Jim sunglasses and all are available at our store in the Sydney CBD.
Maui Jims’ commitment to producing the highest optical quality lenses together with their innovative prescription sunglass lens technology is what really sets Maui Jim apart. The optical compensation technology used in their prescription sunglasses removes the peripheral distortion enabling even the wrap round style of sunglass frames to be used. To view the amazing range of Maui Jim sunglasses, and experience their soothing lens technology first hand, come into our store in the centre of the Sydney CBD.
Warranty on Maui Jim Prescription Sunglasses
Maui Jim offers a warranty unmatched by any other company. Maui Jim will replace your Prescription Maui Jim sunglasses once at no charge even if you scratch the lenses yourself. This unique “no fault” scratch warranty is in addition to their generous two year manufacturing warranty. Maui Jim is truly a company that is prepared to back its products.
In October of 1999 Forbes Magazine put out a list of the “ 100 Things Worth Every Penny “. “Sure they cost a bit more, but they bring such simple joy to life. And isn’t that what the money is there for ”.
Number 96 on the list is Maui Jim sunglasses. Follow the link below to see what else in 1999 was “Worth Every Penny”.